Sign into the catalogue
To request items held in onsite storage, and to order copies via our direct delivery service, you first need to sign into the catalogue.
When you are signed in, you can also save searches, set up alerts, and save and organise your favourite records.
How to sign in
1. At the top right-hand corner of our website, click the Catalogue button.
The catalogue home page is displayed.
2. At the top right-hand corner of the catalogue, click Sign in.
Alternatively, if you have already searched for a catalogue item, you’ll see a Sign in link.
When you select the option to Sign in, the Sign in page is displayed.
3. Enter your Membership number or email address.
4. Enter your Password.
5. Click Sign in.
You are signed in and returned to the catalogue page you were viewing.
Creating or resetting a password
From 23 August all members will need to set a password in order to sign in and use the full features of the catalogue.
To set a password on your existing account:
1. From the catalogue home page, click Sign in.
2. On the Sign in page, click Create or reset password.
3. Enter the email address you used when you signed up as a library member, then click send verification code.
4. Open your email inbox. You should see an email with the subject ‘State Library Victoria membership email verification code’. Locate the 6-digit verification code.
- Note: The email is sent from ‘Microsoft on behalf of State Library Victoria <email@example.com>’. If you cannot find the email, please check your junk/spam folder.
- Note: The verification code becomes invalid after about 5 minutes. If needed, you can click Send New Code on the Verify email address page.
5. Return to the Verify email address page. Enter the verification code, then click Verify Code.
6. The code is accepted, and the Create new password page is displayed.
7. Enter your New Password, then enter it again in the Confirm New Password field.
Note: Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain both upper- and lower-case letters and at least one number.
8. Click Continue.
Your password is created, you are signed into the catalogue, and you view the catalogue home page.
I can’t set my password
- Send a new verification code.
- Ask a staff member for assistance.
- Complete the membership inquiry form on the website.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forgotten membership number
If you have forgotten your membership number, you can now sign in using your registered email address instead. Alternatively, you can retrieve your lost membership details.
If this fails to retrieve your number, either your account has expired, or we have a different email address for you. You will need to re-register.
Forgotten email address
If you are not sure which email address you used to create your account, contact the Library on 03 8664 7000 or via Ask a Librarian.
I’m not able to sign in
First check that your membership number or email address and password are correct.
Ensure that there are no spaces before or after the text of your membership number, email address, or password. This can happen if you copy and paste your details from elsewhere; for example, if you are using password management software. Try typing your details into the Sign in page manually.
If you still cannot sign in, contact the Library on 03 8664 7000 or via Ask a Librarian.