Ask a Librarian
Direct from the State Library Victoria reference desk – our librarians share stories, resources and research tips, as well as some of their favourite queries (as asked by you!).
Got a question you'd like our wonderful librarians to answer? Get in touch and let us know!
Watch Ask a Librarian
Watch our six most recent episodes here - and visit our YouTube channel to view the entire playlist!
Read the blog
Loved the video? Read more in our Ask a Librarian blog series.
- Fireworks in Little Bourke street
- When the Spanish flu came to Victoria
- Using the Victorian Police Gazettes to research your ancestors
- Pigeon messengers of World War I
- Voices from the Great War
- Canvas Town: 'a floating city devoured by the sun'
- 'Put out that light!' Brownout Melbourne during World War II
- Dedicated to the ladies
- The All England 11 and the birth of Australian cricket
- The punk and alternative music scenes of St Kilda (and Melbourne) in the 1970s and 1980s
- Piecing together the lives of soldiers
- Murder at the Grand National
- A tale of two lions
- To the land of hope! Mid 19th century voyages from the UK to Victoria
- The riotous Williams
- Oscar saves the day (about Oscar the sled dog)
- The voyage of the HMS Hercules
- The inspiration behind Picnic at Hanging Rock
- Time travelling with Sands & McDougall
- Albert Purchas: architect, soldier, inventor
- The day the Sea Fury came to visit
- The marvellous and macabre waxworks: part one
- The marvellous and macabre waxworks: part two
Still want more?
- View our video resources & notes for the 'On the Beach' episode, available on our YouTube channel (opens in Google Drive).
Let us know
Did you enjoy this video?
Please fill out a two minute survey to help us continue to deliver a wide range of high-quality programs made just for you.