Story Talks fosters a lifelong love of stories and storytelling by connecting primary-aged children to their favourite authors.
In each program State Library Victoria interviews some of Australia’s best-loved book creators, asking them the kinds of questions young children really want to know. Where do your ideas come from? How do you develop unforgettable characters? When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Why is storytelling important?
Story Talks interviews are jam-packed with fun ideas, unique insights and hilarious moments to inspire, engage and delight primary-aged children.
Each interview ends with a rich activity to nurture literacy and generate creative writing in the primary classroom or at home.
Story Talks is supported by Gandel Foundation.
Pauline Gandel Children's Quarter, also supported by Gandel Foundation, is a purpose-built space for children and families to read, learn and play, with an associated program of activities.
Watch Story Talks
- Kirli Saunders, award-winning author of Bindi and NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year, 2020
- Sally Rippin, author of Billie B Brown and Polly and Buster books
- Nat Amoore, author of The power of positive pranking
- Mat Larkin, author of The orchard underground
- Julianne Negri, author of The secret library of Hummingbird House
- Boori Monty Pryor, CBCA award-winning author of My Girragundji