Each year we welcome over a million visitors to our glorious heritage building in Melbourne's CBD. If you're planning a visit, here's when we're open, how to get here and our printable Library map (pdf, 4 MB).
Library opening hours
The Library is open from 10am to 6pm, seven days a week. Find out more about a COVID-safe Library.
The Ian Potter Queen's Hall is open daily from 10am to 5pm, and Mr Tulk cafe is open daily from 8am to 5pm.
Cowen Gallery, including the North and South Rotundas, have the same opening hours as the main public areas except when closed for functions.
Public holidays 2022
The Library is closed on these public holidays:
- New Years – Sunday 1 January 2022
- Good Friday – Friday 15 April
- Christmas Day – Sunday 25 December
- Boxing Day – Monday 26 December.
The Library is open from 10am to 6pm on these public holidays:
- Australia Day – Wednesday 26 January
- Labour Day – Monday 14 March
- Easter Saturday 16 April to Easter Monday 18 April, inclusive
- Anzac Day – Monday 25 April
- Queen's Birthday – Monday 13 June
- Queen's Memorial Day – Thursday 22 September
- AFL Grand Final day – Friday 23 September
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 1 November.