Terms & conditions – attending Library events
These terms and conditions apply to booking to attend a State Library Victoria event.
Conditions of entry means any by-laws or conditions on display at State Library Victoria or its events.
Venue means the venue at the Library in which the event takes place.
Event means the event or program for which a ticket has been purchased.
State Library Victoria means the event organiser.
Please note that State Library Victoria ('Library') uses an online booking system provided by Eventbrite Inc ('Eventbrite') for online bookings for Library events and programs. These Terms and conditions contain the Library's specific privacy notice and conditions in relation to tickets or registrations to Library events ('tickets').
Personal information is collected through the Eventbrite booking system on behalf of the Library, disclosed to the Library, and stored on USA servers where the booking system is hosted. Personal information you submit through the booking system will be transferred to the USA, and by submitting the necessary information you authorise this transfer.
Conditions of sale of tickets to Library events
1. Proof of tickets should be retained for inspection on request.
2. If the event is cancelled for any cause reasonably outside the control of the Library, there will be no right of refund or exchange and no obligation is assumed by the Library for arranging a substitute event.
3. Group bookings cancelled 21 working days before the booking will be refunded in full. Group booking cancellation less than 21 working days prior to the booking will not be refunded. Cancellation of individual bookings will be refunded up to the day prior to the booking. Group and individual bookings cancelled on or after the day of a booking will not be refunded.
4. The Library reserves the right to deny entry and to vary ticket prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity for the venue.
5. Late arrivals may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the event.
6. Unless permitted by the Library, cameras, audio and video recorders may not be used within the venue. Breach of this requirement may lead to confiscation of equipment and recording medium. Mobile communication devices must be switched to silent during the event.
7. Entry to the event is subject to the Library entry by-laws and any specific conditions of entry that may apply to the event.
The Library reserves the right to amend these Terms and conditions without notice.