Terms & conditions – attending Library events
These terms and conditions apply to booking to attend a State Library Victoria event.
Conditions of entry means any by-laws or conditions on display at State Library Victoria or its events.
Venue means the venue at the Library in which the event takes place.
Event means the event or program for which a ticket has been purchased.
State Library Victoria ('Library') means the event organiser.
Please note that the Library uses online booking systems for Library events and programs. These Terms contain the Library's specific privacy notice and conditions in relation to tickets or registrations to Library events ('tickets').
Conditions of sale of tickets to Library events
1. Proof of tickets should be retained for inspection on request, or to process any refund or exchange.
2. If the event is cancelled for any cause reasonably outside the control of the Library, there will be no right of refund or exchange and no obligation is assumed by the Library for arranging a substitute event.
3. If you cannot or do not wish to attend a substitute event arranged by the Library, group bookings cancelled 21 working days before the booking will be refunded in full. Group booking cancellation less than 21 working days prior to the booking will not be refunded. Cancellation of individual bookings will be refunded up to the day prior to the booking. Group and individual bookings cancelled on or after the day of a booking will not be refunded.
4. The Library's reserved rights include: the right to deny entry and to vary ticket prices and/or the event; the right to amend or waive the Library's advertised refund policy; the right to vary seating arrangements and audience capacity for the venue.
5. Late arrivals may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the event.
6. Unless permitted by the Library, cameras, audio and video recorders may not be used within the venue. Breach of this requirement may lead to confiscation of equipment and recording medium. Mobile communication devices must be switched to silent during the event.
7. The Library may take photographs, film or audio recordings of events for reporting, archival and promotional purposes. The Library also uses closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to monitor the safety and security of visitors.
8. In addition to any specific conditions of entry that may apply to the event, entry to an event at Library premises is subject to the Library entry by-laws.
Personal information submitted by you and collected through the registration and booking process is used by, or on behalf of, the Library to administer its services and functions, including but not limited to:
- delivery of tickets, processing payments, and notification of changes or cancellations
- participation in research, surveys and other campaigns
- fundraising, donations and related transactions to support the Library
- subscribing to (e)newsletters and other communications about Library events, programs and activities
- operating any features, that may be accessible from Library website(s), to process donations or registrations, and to clean or analyse collected data.
The Library may in some circumstances, for the necessary performance of its services and functions, transfer your personal information to third-party contractors, such as our marketing and user management service providers. Where possible, the Library will endeavour that these third parties follow similar standards and obligations to those required of the Library under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, and that they only use your information for the specific purpose and service they are providing to you, or the Library.
The Library reserves the right to amend these Terms and conditions without notice.