Conditions of access for using eresources from home
State Library members who are resident in Victoria can access eresources including ebooks, enewspapers, ejournals and streaming services from home.
The following conditions apply:
- Use of eresources must be for private research and study purposes only. No use is allowed for business, commercial, professional or work-related purposes.
- Use of eresources is governed by licence agreements between the publishers and the Library, and users are required to comply with the terms and conditions of the licences.
- Use is for the registered individual only. Access is not transferable to other parties.
- Users should read carefully any copyright or terms-of-use statements appearing within the eresources and limit any copying or reproduction of material from the eresources in accordance with instructions.
- Where no statement restricting copying is evident, users should assume that – as a minimum requirement – they are obliged to comply with the Australian Copyright Act. Information on copyright is available from the Australian Copyright Council.
- Where the Library has reasonable grounds to suspect that a user has either breached these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of third-party information providers, the Library will disclose information to those relevant third parties.
- The Library reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.