Managing self, managing others
Unlock the potential to enhance your skills in people management and leadership in Victorian public libraries! Apply for the Managing Self, Managing Others (MSMO) program, tailor-made to elevate your career aspirations whether you're a newcomer or an experienced manager.
Join a select group of 20 leaders from regional and metropolitan libraries on a transformative journey that will explore your unique leadership style and foster valuable connections with colleagues across the state.
The MSMO program focuses on honing essential ‘soft skills’ that are crucial for leading successful teams. Throughout the program you will develop self-awareness, change management, effective workplace communication, and skills to build high performing teams.
Here’s what some past participants had to say about their experience with MSMO:
- ‘Lots of content, useful and tailored to real world experience.’
- ‘It has given me a number of tools to work with and a place to start, with confidence.’
- ‘It was great to spend time with other library staff and share experiences etc., making new connections.’
- ‘Thanks for providing the opportunity. I really appreciated the course … I have benefited and will continue learning in my management journey.’
Enjoy an immersive, distraction-free, professional development experience yielding immediate, practical results applicable to your current role.
The program welcomes aspiring leaders responsible for guiding teams within various roles in Victorian Public Libraries. If you oversee people in a small or regional library, have recently taken on leadership responsibilities, or coordinate teams and are seeking training in people management and staff leadership, you are invited to apply for this program.
- Building a culture of best practice in staff management.
- Promoting innovation, open communication, staff development, and fostering supportive team dynamics.
- Strengthening interactions and partnerships between public libraries, encouraging networking and collaboration.
The MSMO program is part of the Statewide Public Library Development Projects, aimed at enhancing public libraries' capabilities, fostering innovation, and promoting collaboration in the dynamic library landscape.
Don't miss this exceptional chance to elevate your leadership skills and contribute to Victoria's libraries.
The next Managing Self, Managing Others course is scheduled for Tuesday 19 March 2024 – Friday 22 March 2024.
It is a residential program to be staged at Jasper Hotel, 489 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
Applications accepted from Friday 1 September – Monday 2 October 2023.
For more information, contact [email protected]