Create Your Own Book Workshop
$210 per class
25 students per class
Be immersed in the world of books and stories in this interactive workshop and storytelling session. In this cultural experience students participate in a storytelling session, see historic texts in the World of the Book exhibition and respond to their experience by making their own book.
This program is available Tuesday-Thursday during term time at 10.00am and 12.30pm. A maximum of two classes can be allocated to one booking time.
- develop an appreciation of reading and storytelling for enjoyment
- make their own book to take home
- participate in a guided tour of the Library’s unique heritage spaces, including the World of the Book exhibition
- consider how libraries contribute to our community.
This program links to the Victorian Curriculum and helps students to:
- understand that texts can take many forms (VCELA141)
- respond to texts drawn from a range of cultures and experiences (VCELY185)
- explore ideas, experiences, observations and imagination, and express them through subject matter by creating visual artworks (VCAVAE021).
To find out more about visiting the Library, bus parking and COVID-19 guidelines, see Plan a school visit.