Russell Beedles Performing Arts Fellowship
The Russell Beedles Performing Arts Fellowship supports a project exploring theatre and the performing arts in Victoria.
Your research can focus on any area or topic. Collections that may be of interest include:
· scriptwriting and production
· musical theatre
· theatres, concert halls and venues
· festivals and events.
The fellowship includes:
· $15,000 funding
· desk space at the Library for 12 months
· access to collections and Library staff expertise.
Funding is based on approximately 3 months of work in the Library. This can be either continuous or broken up over the year, and you’ll have access to your office for the full 12 months.
About Russell Beedles
Russell Beedles (1939–2011) was an award-winning playwright, performer and teacher. His work spanned a range of creative and performing arts, including theatre, opera and drama. He wrote plays and short stories, and taught school and university students.
The Russell Beedles Performing Arts Fellowship is endowed by the Russell Beedles bequest.
- 2022: Rhys Ryan with the project Na Trí Céilithe, The Three Céilithe whcih examined original manuscripts documenting the annual céilithe (Gaelic concerts) held in Melbourne in the early twentieth century.