Keith Murdoch Gallery
One of the most historic parts of the Library, the Keith Murdoch Gallery is a superior exhibition space.
Spaciously designed, with commanding central pillars, the gallery has hosted a varied menu of entertainment over the years, from art exhibitions and multimedia presentations to blockbuster exhibitions and installations.
The gallery is in the Swanston Street Welcome Zone.
The gallery is currently closed as we deinstall an exhibition.
About the Keith Murdoch Gallery
The Keith Murdoch Gallery opened in 2001, and was formerly known as Monash Hall. Along with the foyer and The Ian Potter Queen's Hall, it dates to 1859 and formed part of the original Library buildings.
Forming the northern end of the Library's original Swanston Street frontage, the hall was purpose-built as an exhibition space. Offices were also accommodated here for many years.