Prime Minister’s Summer Reading List 2020
Watch Grattan Institute CEO Danielle Wood, along with renowned journalist and broadcaster Geraldine Doogue, as they reveal the top six thought-provoking, diverse, and relevant books and articles from 2020. It’s been an extraordinary year, and these are extraordinary reads – not only for the Prime Minister, but for all Australians interested in public policy.
Featuring an introduction by the CEO of State Library Victoria, Kate Torney, plus interviews with four of the featured authors; Alex Miller, Clare Wright, Evelyn Araluen, and Marian Wilkinson.
This year's selection of works covers some of the most topical issues of 2020 — coronavirus, climate change, Aboriginal lives matter, refugees and migration, female workforce participation, and recession — all in personal and powerful ways.
Grattan’s 2020 list is:
- The carbon club, Marian Wilkinson, Allen & Unwin
- Fire front: First Nations poetry and power today, edited by Alison Whittaker, UQP
- Good economics for hard times, Abhijit V. Banerjee and Esther Duflo, Public Affairs
- How the dark gets in, Clare Wright, Meanjin
- Max, Alex Miller, Allen & Unwin
- Men at work: Australia’s parenthood trap, Annabel Crabb, Black Inc.
About the Policy Pitch
The Policy Pitch is a joint initiative of State Library Victoria and Grattan Institute to provide a public interest series on key policy themes. These free public seminars will offer lively, intelligent and thoughtful debate.