The Policy Pitch reading list: net-zero by 2050, will transport be a lifter or a leaner?
Learn about practical policies for lowering Australia's transport emissions with these free online and print resources, and join us for a live webinar discussion on Thursday 19 August 2021 to hear from experts in the industry.
All readings are available online for State Library Victoria members.
Membership is free for all Victorian residents. Become a member today!
- Wood, T., Reeve, A., and Ha, J. (2021). Towards net zero: practical policies to reduce transport emissions. Grattan Institute.
- Commonwealth of Australia (2021). Future fuels strategy: discussion paper, Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.
- Arbib, J. & Seba, T. (2017). Rethinking transportation 2020–2030: the disruption of transportation and the collapse of the internal-combustion vehicle and oil industries. RethinkX.
- Proudlove, R., Denis-Ryan, A., and Bravo, C. (2020). Net zero momentum tracker – transport report. ClimateWorks Australia.
- Dodson, J., Li, T., and Sipe, N. (2017). ‘Chapter 13: The socioeconomic equity dimensions of a transition in suburban motor vehicle fuel and technology’ in Urban sustainability transitions: Australian cases–international perspectives. Edited by Trivess Moore, et al., Springer Singapore.
- NRMA (2017). The future is electric. NRMA and Electric Vehicle Council.
About the Policy Pitch
The Policy Pitch is a seminar series featuring a panel of experts and critical thinkers as they tackle some of the most important problems facing Australia, from cultural hot-button topics to pressing social concerns. Join us for lively, intelligent and thoughtful debate on subjects that impact us all.
The Policy Pitch is a joint initiative of State Library Victoria and Grattan Institute, an independent think tank dedicated to developing high-quality public policy for Australia’s future.