Free access membership
We’re launching a new membership program as part of our Vision 2020 transformation.
Sign up now to our free access membership and receive these immediate benefits:
- monthly newsletter – be the first to know about Library events, news and exclusive offers
- access over five million books, photos, artworks, documents, maps, manuscripts and more when you visit State Library Victoria
- free access to thousands of online databases and eresources including journals, magazines, ebooks and newspapers
- access to meeting rooms and creative technology studios with video editing and recording equipment
- welcome tours of the Library so you can find out how to make the most of our services and facilities
- access to expert librarians, including specialists in your area of interest or research
- access to knowledgeable staff to help you navigate the Library’s resources
- extra options when you use the catalogue: sign in to add tags, save searches, set up alerts, and label and organise favourites
- order digital copies and extracts of Library collection items from any location, any time.
Please contact us if you are unable to complete your Library membership registration.
New membership program
New membership packages will launch in April 2020, each with a range of benefits to help you get the most from your Library.
All memberships include discounts on nearby parking and coffee at our onsite cafes.
Plus there’ll be extra benefits tailored for your particular interests, including:
- networking sessions and extended meeting room bookings for students
- school holiday programs and activities for families
- exclusive preview nights and priority bookings for culture lovers
and more. Sign up now to our free access membership and you’ll automatically receive a special offer when the new membership packages launch.