The Policy Pitch reading list: election special
The 2022 election campaign should be the starting gun for the race to build a better Australia. Grattan’s 2022 Orange book maps out a policy blueprint to reignite wages growth and boost Australians’ living standards.
Join us for an in-person discussion on Wednesday, 18 May 2022, to hear from experts in the industry.
Continue learning about this topic with these free State Library Victoria online resources. All readings are available online for State Library Victoria members.
Membership is free for all Victorian residents. Become a member today!
- Next steps: report of the quality initial teacher education review (2022). Canberra: Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
- Royal Commission into aged care quality and safety & department of health. (2021) Australian Government response to the final report of the Royal Commission into aged care quality and safety. Canberra: Department of Health.
- Wood,D. Coates, B. Duckett, S. Hunter, J. Terrill, M.Wood, T. Emslie, O. Orange book 2022: Policy priorities for the federal government.
- Dorato, E. (2020). Preventative urbanism: the role of health in designing active cities, Macerata: Quodlibet.
- Jordan, A., Moore, B., (2020). ‘Voluntary Action: The Governance of Car Emissions’ (chapter) in Durable by design? Policy feedback in a changing climate, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Flannery, T. (2020). The climate cure: solving the climate emergency in the era of COVID-19, Melbourne: Text Publishing (Request from onsite storage).
Articles from SLV databases
- Dey, T., O’Neil, M., (2021). ‘COVID-19: an opportunity to reset policy levers for better gender equality in the economy and society’, Australian journal of labour economics, 24 (2), 145
- Dela Rama, M. J., Lester, M. E., Staples, W., (2020). ‘The challenges of political corruption in Australia, the proposed Commonwealth Integrity Commission Bill (2020) and the application of the APUNCAC’, Laws, 11(1), 7.
- Hibbert, P. D, Wiles. L. K, Cameron I. D., et al. (2019). ‘CareTrack aged: the appropriateness of care delivered to Australians living in residential aged care facilities: a study protocol’. BMJ Open online, doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2019-030988
- Patrick. R, Armstrong. F, Hancock D, et al. (2019). ‘Climate change and health promotion in Australia: navigating political, policy, advocacy and research challenges’, Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 30(3), 295
- Warren, S. & Barnes, A. (2021). ‘Beyond the homelessness, crisis accommodation, poverty and child protection cycle: supportive housing for families with children and young people’, Social Alternatives, 40(4), 48
About the Policy Pitch
The Policy Pitch is a seminar series featuring a panel of experts and critical thinkers as they tackle some of the most important problems facing Australia, from cultural hot-button topics to pressing social concerns. Join us for lively, intelligent and thoughtful debate on subjects that impact us all.
The Policy Pitch is a joint initiative of State Library Victoria and Grattan Institute, an independent think tank dedicated to developing high-quality public policy for Australia’s future.