Corporate Speakers series
Become a State Library Victoria corporate member and gain access to this exclusive speakers series where the world's leading thinkers share their ideas, experience and expertise, while addressing some of the critical issues facing business and society today.
Our Corporate Speakers have included:
- Dr Chris Kutarna: Dr Kutarna is the co-author of Age of Discovery: Navigating the storms of our second Renaissance. He is a two-time Governor General's Medallist, a Sauvé Fellow and Commonwealth Scholar, and a Fellow of the Oxford Martin School with a doctorate in politics from the University of Oxford. Watch the video of Chris's Corporate Speaker Series talk.
- Dr Geraldine Buckingham: Dr Geraldine Buckingham is a Senior Managing Director at the global investment powerhouse, BlackRock. She is the company's Chair for the Asia Pacific region and a member of the firm's Global Executive Committee. A qualified medical doctor and Rhodes Scholar, Dr Buckingham was named in Fortune magazine and Crain's New York Business's '40 Under 40' lists for 2017.
- Tim Leberecht: Tim is the former chief marketing officer of the creative firms Frog Design Inc and NBBJ, and he now runs Leberecht and Partners, a consulting firm that helps organisations create transformative visions, stories, and experiences. His clients include Disney, Apple, Amazon, Boeing, Google, Samsung, Starbucks and many other Fortune 500 brands. His writing has been featured in Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune and Wired, and he has spoken at a number of events including TEDGlobal, The Economist Big Rethink, DLD, Remix, SXSW and the Silicon Valley CEO Summit.
- Stephen Attenborough: Stephen is the Commercial Director of Space Tourism Programs for Virgin Galactic. Stephen and Virgin Galactic certainly provided an example of what happens when a spark of inspiration quickens to become a fully-fledged rocket destined for outer space, lending inspiration on how to challenge the limitations we all face day-to-day – whether they be organisational, or gravitational.
- Dr Kumi Naidoo: Dr Naidoo was notably expelled from high school in South Africa when he was 15 for his anti-apartheid activities. These activities signposted a life, and the start of a career, dedicated to advancing human rights. Dr Naidoo is now internationally recognised as a leading human rights activist and environmental campaigner. He is also a Rhodes Scholar and an author. His broad-reaching advocacy work encompasses social justice, health, development, security and the environment.
For corporate membership inquiries and bookings, and for information about the Corporate Speakers program, please contact Corporate Partnerships Lead Elisabeth Kerdelhué on phone (03) 8664 7591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that events may be subject to change.