Corporate Speakers series
- Become a State Library Victoria corporate member and gain access to this exclusive speakers series where the world’s leading thinkers share their ideas, experience and expertise, while addressing some of the critical issues facing business and society today.
2016 corporate speakers
- Professor Ngaire Woods is Professor of Global Economic Governance and the inaugural Dean of the Blavatnik School of Government at Oxford University. Her internationally renowned research focuses on global economic governance, the challenges of globalisation, global development, and the role of international institutions.
- Professor Richard Susskind OBE is an author, speaker, lecturer and adviser to a number of professional firms and governments. His main area of expertise is the future of professional service and, in particular, the way in which IT and the internet are changing the work of lawyers.
- Carol Schwartz AM is one of Australia’s most dynamic business leaders. She has worked closely with government on inquiries and boards, as well as chaired and been a member of numerous private and listed company boards. She is currently chair at Creative Partnerships Australia, Our Community and the Women’s Leadership Institute, and a director at Bank of Melbourne and Scale Angel Network.
- Professor Simon Jackman is the CEO of the US Studies Centre and Professor of Political Science at Stanford University, and is one of the Principal Investigators of the American National Election Studies at the University of Sydney. His research centres on public opinion, election campaigns, political participation, and electoral systems with special emphasis on American and Australian politics.
- Tony Wheeler and his wife Maureen founded the Lonely Planet guidebook company in 1972, which grew to become the largest travel guide publisher in the world. After selling Lonely Planet, Tony and Maureen established the Planet Wheeler Foundation, a philanthropic organisation that funds more than 50 projects in the developing world.
- Associate Professor Rufus Black, Master of Ormond College and Deputy Chancellor of Victoria University, is an educator, management consultant and board director with 25 years’ experience working across the public, private and social sectors. Professor Black, a Rhodes Scholar, is also a leading secular theologian and has been launching the Wade Institute to accelerate entrepreneurial education in Australia.
- The Hon Paul Keating. At age 22, Paul Keating became President of the NSW Youth Council and was the youngest ever federal Minister as part of the Whitlam Cabinet in 1975. Mr Keating became Treasurer in 1983, a position he held until becoming Prime Minister in 1991. Both roles saw Mr Keating implement a far-reaching progressive social and economic reform program.
- Jacques A Nasser AO is a business leader who was appointed Chair of the Board of BHP Billiton in 2010. He honed his global industry expertise during a 33-year career with Ford, becoming President and CEO in 1998. His contributions to Australian industry and education have been acknowledged with an Order of Australia and a Centenary Medal.
For corporate membership inquiries and bookings, and for information about the 2017 Corporate Speakers program, please contact Partnerships Manager Elisabeth Kerdelhué on phone (03) 8664 7591 or email email@example.com.
Please note that events may be subject to change.