Take a virtual tour of the Library
The Library may be temporarily closed, but thanks to Google Maps' cameras you can visit from the comfort of your home!
Take your time exploring our transformed spaces – recently re-opened following our Vision 2020 redevelopment – and let your imagination roam free.
Some suggested starting points for your virtual tour:
- Swanston Street Welcome Zone: the Library's original grand yet inviting entrance
- Velvet, Iron, Ashes exhibition: discover surprising stories of Victoria's history (and see Ned Kelly's armour)
- The Ian Potter Queen's Hall: the jewel in the Library's collection of unique heritage spaces
- La Trobe Reading Room: the iconic 'dome' – a beloved Melbourne destination
- Russell Street Welcome Zone: a vibrant gathering place enlivened by an enormous, original artwork by Melbourne artist Tai Snaith.