The La Trobe Journal No 101 March 2018
Issue No 101 of the La Trobe Journal goes behind the scenes and into the history of State Library Victoria, via the memoirs of four former staff members.
The period covered spans around two-thirds of the 160-plus years since the Library first opened its doors in 1856 as the Melbourne Public Library.
Read memoirs by:
- Edmund La Touche Armstrong, Chief Librarian from 1896 to 1925
- Leigh Scott, who worked at the Public Library of Victoria from 1908 to 1926
- Colin McCallum, who joined the Library as a junior in 1919 and later became Chief Librarian, retiring in 1960
- Dianne Reilly, whose career at the Library spanned nearly 50 years from her commencement as a junior in 1959 to her retirement as La Trobe Librarian in 2008.
- Front cover and front matter (pdf,1.57 MB)
- Editorial (pdf,81.25 KB)
- Edmund La Touche Armstrong, introduction by Kevin Molloy (pdf,296.91 KB)
- Leigh Scott, introduction by Philip G Kent (pdf,537.76 KB)
- Colin McCallum, introduction by Shona Dewar (pdf,399.39 KB)
- Dianne Reilly – Memories of a fortunate career, 1959–2008 (pdf,762.58 KB)
- Walter Struve – Obituary: Margaret Helen (Peg) Anthony (pdf,382.52 KB)
- Select biographical register of staff, 1856–1970 (pdf,197.8 KB)
- Notes and contributors (pdf,132.93 KB)
- Support the Library and back cover (pdf,144.67 KB)