19 April 2021, 12:00am–25 June 2021, 12:00am
12 July 2021, 12:00am–17 September 2021, 12:00am
|Cost||Free until 25 June|
|Bookings||Bookings open to teachers only|
Please note: this program is free to book for the remainder of term two.
This intensive workshop introduces students to practical research tools and strategies to help them succeed in senior secondary school and beyond.
Many of the helpful resources explored in this workshop can't be simply found by a search engine, but they're freely accessible from school or home.
- be introduced to the Library's subject-specific research guides on a range of subjects relevant to VCE
- refine complex search queries to find relevant information
- learn to navigate the Library's extensive range of free databases
- understand the importance of being a critical and creative thinker in today’s world
- learn to search the Library’s online catalogue.
The workshop will run for one hour and is suitable for students in year 10 and VCE.
This workshop is designed for classes of 10 or more and is only open to bookings from teachers. Parents and students interested in attending are encouraged to share this listing with their teachers.
This program is supported by the Percy Baxter Charitable Fund and Margaret Ross AM.
Term three program
This program will run both online and on-site for the duration of term three (11 June to 16 September 2021).
The on-site workshop is designed for classes up to 25 students and will run for 60 minutes, with an additional 60 minutes for self-guided learning. The cost is $180 per session (plus a $8.80 booking fee).
The online workshop is designed for classes of up to 90 students, with a cost of $130 per session (plus a $6.60 booking fee).