Do you have a notebook full of script ideas? Have you always dreamed of becoming a successful editor? Or been intrigued by the world of slam poetry?
Chase your passion and join our teen writing boot camps, designed for budding writers of all backgrounds and skill levels!
These creative crash courses will be hosted by accomplished and diverse authors throughout March, April and May. Choose from a range of topics to hone your skills, including fiction, personal voice, non-fiction, slam poetry, screen writing, and science writing.
Meet the boot camp authors through our information sessions and get a taste for what you can learn and experience in each of the workshops. Then, once you've picked the boot camp for you, register using the links below.
All boot camps are open to teens aged 13 to 18 years old from all around Australia. They are free to attend, but require consent from a parent or guardian.
Don’t miss your opportunity to strengthen your creative muscles. Can’t pick one? Join all six!
Read more details and book your spot through the links below.
This program has been made possible with the generosity of The Serp Hills Foundation and JTM Foundation.
- Slam poetry with playwright, poet and screenwriter Sukhjit Kaur Khalsa (2, 9, 16 and 23 March)
- Screen writing with award-winning screenwriter and author Nova Weetman (4, 11, 18 and 25 March) BOOKED OUT
- Science writing with poet, broadcaster and writer Alicia Sometimes (6, 13, 20, 27 April)
- Non-fiction writing with feminist writer, editor and communications professional Zoya Patel (8, 15, 22 and 29 April)
- Own voices with queer, non-binary, Jewish writer, performer, activist and public speaker Nevo Zisin (they/them) (3, 10, 17 and 24 May)
- Contemporary fiction with international award-winning Nukunu author Dr Jared Thomas (6, 13, 20 and 27 May) BOOKED OUT