Come on a journey of imagination at your local public library to discover secret trapdoors, touch the skin of a dragon and hide away in a reading pod!
10 June 2016–20 January 2018
|Location||Various Victorian public libraries (see locations and dates below)|
Enjoy the magical world of children’s book illustrations in Story Island! Between 2016 and 2018 this delightful exhibition of works from Australia's favourite children's book illustrators and authors will appear at 12 public libraries throughout Victoria.
Please see the list of locations and dates below. The exhibition is not appearing at State Library Victoria.
Encourage your child's sense of discovery, play and exploration with the suggested activities at the exhibition. Foster a lifelong love of books and reading by spending time looking at and talking about the pictures and stories. Be inspired to find other wonderful children’s books at your local library to take home, and share the magic of storytelling together.
This free exhibition is a joint initiative of State Library Victoria and Public Libraries Victoria Network to promote the development of early years literacy skills. It features a selection of beautiful illustrations reproduced from the Scholastic Dromkeen Children’s Literature Collection at State Library Victoria.
For children aged 0 to 8 years old, their parents and carers.
Exhibition locations and dates
Experience the Story Island exhibition at any one of these locations:
- REALM (Ringwood Town Square, 179 Maroondah Highway), 10 June to 23 July 2016
- Glenroy Library (737 Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy), 29 July to 10 September 2016
- Yarram Library (156 Grant Street, Yarram), 16 September to 29 October 2016
- Wonthaggi Library (Murray Street, Wonthaggi), 5 November to 13 December 2016
- Frankston Library (60 Playne Street, Frankston), 20 December 2016 to 4 February 2017
- Braybrook Community Hub (107-109 Churchill Avenue, Braybrook), 10 February to 25 March 2017
- Horsham Library (Mibus Centre, 28 McLachlan Street, Horsham), 31 March to 13 May 2017
- Newcomb Library (corner Bellarine Highway and Wilsons Road), 19 May to 8 July 2017
- Kerang Library (corner Shadforth Street and Murray Valley Highway), 14 July to 26 August 2017
- Castlemaine Library (Barker Street, Castlemaine), 1 September to 14 October 2017
- Craigieburn Library (Hume Global Learning Centre, 75-95 Central Park Avenue, Craigieburn), 20 October to 2 December 2017
- Sunshine Library (301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine), 8 December 2017 to 20 January 2018