Spark reading list: biotechnology
What if the primary role of medicine wasn’t treating disease, but preventing it?
Expand your knowledge on the topic of biotechnology with these free online resources, curated by our expert librarians Sarah Matthews and Kate Monypenny in advance of the Spark: biotechnology lecture.
All readings are available online for State Library Victoria members.
Membership is free for all Victorian residents. Become a member today!
- Naran, K., Ramamurthy, D., Mungra, N., & Barth, S. (2020). 'Antibody technologies take a step closer to precision medicine', The conversation
- Kaminsky, L. (2016). ‘The final frontier’, Griffith review 52: imagining the future
- Doudna, J. A., & Sternberg, S. H. (2017). A crack in creation: gene editing and the unthinkable power to control evolution, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Find in Redmond Barry Reading Room B 576.5072 D7443C)
- Topol. (2019). Deep medicine: how artificial intelligence can make healthcare human again (Find in Redmond Barry Reading Room B 362.10285 T6752D)
Library members with a Victorian address can access free ebooks online.
- Hilbush, Brian S. (2021). In silico dreams: how artificial intelligence and biotechnology will create the medicines of the future, Newark: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
- Mattick, John S. (2020). Biodata and biotechnology: opportunity and challenges for Australia, Australian Strategic Policy Institute, Barton, ACT
- Beers, B. C. van, Sterckx, S., Dickenson, D., & ProQuest. (2018). Personalised medicine, individual choice and the common good, Cambridge University Press
Articles from SLV databases
- Vicente, A. M., Ballensiefen, W., & Jönsson, J.-I. (2020). 'How personalised medicine will transform healthcare by 2030: the ICPerMed vision', Journal of translational medicine, 18(1), 180–180
- Kamel Boulos, M. N., & Zhang, P. (2021). 'Digital twins: from personalised medicine to precision public health', Journal of personalized medicine, 11(8), 745
- Guadalajara, H., Lopez-Fernandez, O., León Arellano, M., Domínguez-Prieto, V., Caramés, C., & Garcia-Olmo, D. (2022). The role of shared decision-making in personalised medicine: opening the debate, Pharmaceuticals (Basel, Switzerland), 15(2), 215