Every Tuesday at 10.30am, discover research essentials in this series designed for teens in years 7-10.
Students will learn how to look beyond the top search results in Google and develop practical skills to find reliable information online.
In this week’s episode Cobie talks ‘fake news’ – what is it, and how can you tell the difference between reliable and unreliable websites?
Students will learn practical tips and tricks to equip them for thinking critically about information they find online.
Throughout the series students will:
- develop a step-by-step method to help break down their research process
- discover practical tips for effective research
- generate effective questions to shape their research
- compare a range of sources to evaluate their relevance, reliability, authenticity
- find out how to access the Library’s spaces, services and collections