First group $300 (up to 200 students); add-on group/s scheduled on the same day, $180 per group
In this outreach program, we visit your school and introduce students to a range of research strategies and practical tips applicable to any VCE subject area.
We also open up a world of research possibilities, showing students how to access and navigate quality databases via the Library's website such as JSTOR, ProQuest, PressReader and Gale Literary Sources – all for free and all accessible from school or home.
- discover practical research strategies and tips applicable to a range of VCE subjects
- be shown how to access and navigate a range of quality databases
- understand the Library's role in documenting Victoria's history and providing access to powerful information sources
- learn how to become a State Library member and gain free access to a large range of academic databases.
This program links to the Victorian Curriculum and VCE, and assists students to:
- investigate the characteristics of effective questions in different contexts to examine information and test possibilities (VCCCTQ043)
- develop, refine and extend knowledge and skills in independent research and carry out an investigation; evaluate evidence in order to answer a research question.
Embark on a journey of discovery with the State Library
Our school outreach programs introduce students to the rich resources offered by State Library Victoria, and are held in the familiar environment of the classroom. A uniquely immersive, enriching experience, these programs are a perfect introduction to visiting State Library Victoria online and on-site to engage in life-long learning. The Library has provided free access to information and education since 1856, and we encourage students to access our historic collections. All incursion programs are developed by experienced teachers, aligned to the Victorian Curriculum and facilitated by expert staff.