This innovative program has been designed to support international students' transition to Australian universities and colleges, and to Melbourne.
The program offers students a fun, practical and welcoming experience as they learn to adjust to new study environments and expectations.
Working in pairs or individually, students are introduced to the Library by taking a 'scavenger hunt', which allows them to experience and explore the library at their own pace. The program encourages students to build on their varying knowledge and capabilities while developing information literacy skills.
By engaging students with a wide range of information sources and experiences, the program:
- develops and fosters learning through exploration
- provides self-directed approaches to problem solving
- gives students the confidence to ask for help when it's needed.
Experienced librarians will welcome the group to the Library and then be on hand to provide follow-up assistance or to answer any questions.
As a result of the session, students will be able to:
- search and find items via a Library catalogue
- access eresources from home
- find study spaces and books in the Library
- get reference support from staff
- use key on-site services and facilities such as wi-fi and printing
- join the Library and become part of its research community.
For more information, contact the Library on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8664 7555.