This introductory session familiarises tertiary students with our library spaces and explains how students can use different types of information to suit their research and study needs.
This orientation tour addresses the practical needs of new users. It takes students through our library spaces, familiarising them with our reading rooms, services and facilities. Students will learn how they can use different types of information to suit their research and study needs.
The introductory session will extend students' knowledge base, as they learn about creating new information and using it in more creative ways. It will also encourage them to join and use the Library and feel more comfortable about libraries in general.
As a result of the session, students will be able to:
- search and find items via a Library catalogue
- access eresources from home
- find study spaces and books in the Library
- get reference support from staff
- use key on-site services and facilities such as wi-fi and printing
- join the Library and become part of its research community
For more information, contact the Library on email@example.com or 03 8664 7555.