$130 per group (up to 25 students)
Program changes in 2018
In 2018, this program will be paired with the Life and times of Ned Kelly tour in the Combined Ned Kelly program.
History is put to the test in this interactive workshop, when primary students take an in-depth look at the significant events that shaped the life of notorious bushranger Ned Kelly.
Students are given creative licence to retell Kelly's stories in their own words by creating a digital comic using the Comic Life app.
Students will also gain an understanding of the Library's role in collecting historical artefacts that document Victoria's history.
- learn about key events in Ned Kelly's life
- write a historical narrative using digital storytelling techniques
- create their own comic using the Comic Life app
- question historical sources and apply critical thinking skills when considering significant events.
This program links to the Victorian Curriculum and assists students to:
- create imaginative and informative texts that integrate visual and print features (VCELY449)
- analyse the different perspectives of people in the past (VCHHC100/124) and evaluate the accuracy and reliability of different historical sources (VCHHC099/123).
Embark on a journey of discovery at the State Library
Held in the inspiring heritage setting of Australia's oldest public library, our school excursions offer students a uniquely immersive, enriching experience, encouraging return visits and life-long learning. The Library has provided free access to information and education since 1856, and we invite students to become part of history as they tour the breathtaking dome and view our historic collections. All tours and workshops are developed by experienced teachers, aligned to the Victorian Curriculum and facilitated by expert staff.