Let’s help keep each other safe
To ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff, the Library will be complying with Victorian Government guidelines as we progressively reopen our spaces and services.
In booking your visit to the Library you are agreeing to abide by our Terms & conditions of entry and COVID safety guidelines listed below. Please note these conditions may change based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer.
Visitors must abide by the following conditions of entry during their visit:
- All visitors to the Library must wear a fitted face mask (unless you can produce a medical exemption).
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell and do not enter the building. Visitors showing signs of illness may be asked to leave by Library staff or security.
- There is a limit of booking one space, per person, per day, to ensure that we can offer services to as many visitors as possible, while following government advice.
- For pre-booked visitors, please make sure you have your unique 3-digit booking code ready when you arrive (via your booking confirmation email). Library staff will ask for this code to check you in.
- No pass-outs will be issued. If you leave the building before the end of your session time, you will need to make a new booking for the next available session.
- Maintain safe physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times, even with accompanying family or friends.
- Please only sit in marked seats to help maintain safe social distancing from other visitors, even if you are visiting with family or friends.
- You will be allocated a seat for the duration of your visit. Please ensure you return to this seat after using the facilities (for example: public computer, toilets, etc).
- Visitors who do not comply with physical distancing measures may be asked to leave by Library staff or security.
- Please exit the Library at the end of your booked session so the Library can be thoroughly cleaned before the next session.
- We understand that this is a challenging time for everyone; however, aggressive and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and anyone exhibiting this behaviour may be asked to leave the Library by staff or security.
- Please report any behaviour that is not in line with these conditions to a member of Library staff or security (including any safety, social distancing or hygiene issues).
- Please abide by any additional directions that Library staff or security may give you during your visit. They are there to assist you and to ensure that everyone is supported and safe during their visit.
Thank you for your cooperation!
State Library Victoria is mandatorily required to collect visitor names, contact numbers and email addresses in accordance with Victorian Chief Health Officer advice.
Information collection will only be provided to government departments upon request for the purpose of assisting with contact tracing.
Your personal information will remain confidential and will be stored securely for one month, before being deleted.
State Library Victoria manages your information in accordance with privacy legislation and other applicable laws and will only use the information for the purposes for which it was collected.
Please note: failure to provide contact details will result in refusal to enter the Library.
For more information
Please read our FAQs for more information about our partial reopening.