1 hour (online)
Free during Melbourne metropolitan lockdown
We will make a virtual visit to your school using Zoom to help your students become more successful researchers online.
This targeted lecture combines humour and practical strategies to motivate middle-year students to adopt more rigorous internet research practices.
- learn to identify and compare characteristics of credible versus unreliable websites
- understand the importance of being a critical and creative thinker in today’s world
- develop tips and tricks for more effective internet searches
- cultivate their ability to evaluate online sources for credibility and relevance
- examine the consequences when research goes wrong.
This virtual program is supported by the Percy Baxter Charitable Fund and Margaret Ross AM.