This digital excursion will introduce your students to a compelling range of primary sources and historical perspectives from Victoria’s complex colonial era.
Students will be engaged, delighted and challenged by tales from Victoria’s past, enriching their understanding of the present.
- explore perspectives of significant Victorians from the past, linked to key objects from the Library’s collection
- examine the causes and effects of European settlement in Victoria
- identify primary and secondary sources
- explore how Melbourne has changed over time.
This program links to the Victorian Curriculum and helps students to:
- identify and explain the causes and effects of European settlement and exploration (VCHHC070)
- describe perspectives and identify ideas, beliefs and values of people and groups in the past (VCHHC084)
- explore the role that a significant individual or group played in shaping and changing a colony (VCHHK092).
This webinar is designed for classes of up to 90 students and runs for an hour.
Please email email@example.com to find out more about this program.