Using My items & My account
You can use the 'My items' and 'My account' links in the top right of the catalogue to create your own personal workspace and keep track of particular books or other items, searches that you do frequently and making a note of your requests.
To get the most out of your workspace, use your Library card to sign in. Any changes you make will be saved and kept for the next time you log in. You can use the workspace without signing in as a guest, but your information will only be saved for a single session.
In 'My items' you can:
- view items you have selected from your search results. You can select an item by checking the small box next to the title in your search results. You can also select the whole page from the link at the bottom of the 'Refine my search' column.
- organise your selected items into folders
- cut, copy, paste and delete the items and folders in your workspace using the relevant icons
- add notes to your items and folders by clicking on the speech bubble icons
- email the details of your items to yourself or someone else
- print the details of your items
- save your items to your EndNote, RefWorks or Delicious account
Please note: you can print, email and share catalogue records without signing in, but My items gives you more advanced options.
In 'My account' you can:
- see a list of the 'filled requests' – items you have requested from storage
- see a list of your 'pending requests' – items you have requested but which haven't yet been delivered
- read messages from the Library in 'Blocks & messages'. These messages might include a note that you have requested too many items at the same time or that your Library card has expired.
- see your contact details and set your degree and/or discipline to personalise your results when searching for articles
For details on the features of 'My searches', see Saving searches & alerts.