Using ejournals A–Z
The ejournals A–Z tool lets you browse or search journal and newspaper titles that are available online.
If you are at the Library, you can connect to the online versions without signing in. If you're at home, you can only access them if you are a registered State Library member living in Victoria. You'll be prompted to sign in when you connect.
There are several ways to use ejournals A–Z:
- by title – look up a particular journal title to check its availability online
- by subject – look up journals that are relevant to broad subject categories
- by epublisher – use this tab to combine title keywords or subjects with a particular publisher of ejournals
- article finder – use this tab if you have a reference or citation to a specific article. The following three fields are unique identification numbers that are particularly helpful when finding an article:
- ISSN – International Standard Serial Number, a unique number assigned to a journal title
- DOI – Digital Object Identifier, a unique, persistent identifier for a digital object that will not change over time
- PMID – PUBMed Identifier, a unique number for all articles in the PUBMed database, which covers biomedical and life sciences journals