Friends of the Library Lounge
The private Friends of the Library Lounge, conveniently located off the La Trobe Reading Room, is a great place to work, meet friends and relax.
Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee, daily newspapers, access to computers and free wi-fi.
Conditions of entry
In addition to the Library by-laws and associated policies, please observe the following conditions of entry to the Friends of the Library Lounge:
- The Lounge is reserved for Friends of the Library members only.
- On request, a valid Friends of the Library card must to be presented to Library staff or an authorised officer.
- No food or drink is to be taken into or left in the Lounge.
- No personal belongings may be left in the Lounge; the Library does not accept any responsibility for personal belongings left unattended.
- Friends are requested to refrain from talking on mobile phones in the Lounge and to respect the comfort of others by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Group meetings are not to be held in the Lounge.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The Library reserves the right to amend these conditions without notice.
Update: June 2020
The Friends of the Library Lounge will re-open with the rest of the Library on 27 June.
Friends will need to book to visit the Lounge. Bookings will become available from Friday 19 June.
You may make one booking per day, per person, for either a morning or afternoon session.
There will be a limit of eight people in the Lounge, per session, to meet social distancing requirements.
Please note that at this stage, newspapers and tea and coffee facilities will not be available.
Go to our FAQ page for more information to help plan your visit.