Friends of the Library Lounge
The private Friends of the Library lounge, conveniently located off the La Trobe Reading Room, is a great place to work, meet friends and relax.
While current COVID-safe practices are in place, newspapers and tea and coffee facilities are not available, to minimise current touchpoints.
Conditions of entry
In addition to the Library by-laws and associated policies, please observe the following conditions of entry to the Friends of the Library lounge:
- The lounge is reserved for Friends of the Library members only.
- Bookings are no longer required, however Friends will need a lanyard and swipe card to access the lounge. These can be collected at the Swanston Street Welcome Zone — speak to a staff member to request your lanyard and swipe card. The lanyard and card are for you to keep and use each time you visit.
- A maximum of eight Friends can use the lounge at any one time.
- No food or drink is to be taken into or left in the lounge.
- You may bring collection material into the lounge.
- No personal belongings may be left in the lounge; the Library does not accept any responsibility for personal belongings left unattended.
- When you have finished using the lounge, please ensure you wipe your seat and table with the disinfectant wipes provided in the room.
- Please refrain from talking on mobile phones in the lounge and respect the comfort of others by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Group meetings are not to be held in the lounge.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The Library reserves the right to amend these conditions without notice.