State Library Victoria's Alumni association was formed in 2011 to formally recognise the contribution of former Library staff.
Along with access to a dedicated website, Alumni members received membership benefits, collection borrowing privileges and complimentary Friends of the Library membership for staff with more than 10 consecutive years of service.
The Alumni website established a social and professional network, with the following goals:
- establish a forum to help current and former State Library staff make or retain contact with one another and with the Library's activities
- promote the transference of specialist knowledge and experience
- use the skills, networks and resources of members to support the Library in achieving its objectives
- cultivate and support social networking among alumni members through communications, programs and services
- promote membership and mentoring in the Library, and corporate and community services
- continue to maintain a positive relationship between the Library and members of the Alumni.
For more information about collection borrowing privileges for Alumni members, email email@example.com.