Managing self, managing others
Managing self, managing others is a free professional development program that introduces the soft skills of people management.
Up to 20 places are available to enthusiastic mid-level managers, team leaders and coordinators from Victorian public libraries and State Library Victoria who have supervisory responsibilities and are keen to develop their people skills.
The three-day residential program is facilitated by Paul Murphy and Anita Dickons of Atwork Consulting. Participants learn how to develop a workplace culture of:
- best practice in staff management, through an understanding of emotional intelligence, personality types and team dynamics
- innovation, through open communication, staff development and team building
- partnering and collaboration with Victorian public libraries and State Library Victoria, through networking opportunities.
Managing self, managing others is part of the Statewide Public Library Development Projects, a collaboration of State Library Victoria and Public Libraries Victoria Network.
- The three-day program runs from Tuesday 19 May to Thursday 21 May 2020.
- Applications are now open, and will close on Friday 31 January 2020.
To apply, and for more information, please see the documents under the 'More to explore' heading at the bottom of this page.
About Atwork Consulting
Atwork Consulting delivers impactful consultancy and development programs, based on the principle that every organisation can design better strategy, build better leaders and managers, create better culture, and achieve higher performance with happier people. They believe that every leader, at every level, has the capacity to grow, and to develop their capabilities.
Director/Principal Paul Murphy and Senior Consultant Anita Dickons deliver programs in the community and not-for-profit sectors around themes including leadership and change. They bring abundant experience to working collaboratively as a balanced team, focused on powerful, relevant outcomes for their participants.