Goal two: No barriers
We are accessible to everyone and welcoming to all.
We are a world leader in access, engagement and diversity in library services and programs.
We remove barriers to accessing our spaces, collections, services and programs, both onsite and online. We prioritise culturally diverse communities and people from disadvantaged communities across our four focus areas:
- early literacy
- students and schools
- digital literacy
- universal access.
We extend our reach by strengthening our digital and regional delivery.
Access for all
Adopt best practice principles so that people of all abilities can use our spaces and services.
Introduce programming to build digital literacy, access to digital information, and exploration of new creative technologies.
Create enriching experiences for young learners and their families, carers and teachers. Build dedicated spaces to deliver early years literacy programming and expanded learning opportunities for Victorian school students.
Key performance indicators
- Growth in target audience participation
- Increase in our international engagement, relationships and partnerships
- Growth in visitation to new dedicated children’s and youth spaces
- Increase in number of staff and volunteers representing target audiences
- Increase in number of regional and international first-time online visitors.