Involving our community
Involving our community is the fourth guiding principle of the Library's Collections and Content Strategy 2020.
The true value of our collections and content is in their use for learning, creativity, inspiration and the generation of new knowledge.
Our digital transition is key to encouraging use and connecting the community to our collections and content, particularly for regional Victorians.
By using and sharing our collections and content, our community will help connect us to the world.
We invite people to help shape our collections by sharing their knowledge and personal stories to reflect the diverse lives and experiences of all Victorians.
- Develop measures for engagement, creative output and knowledge creation from our collections
- Develop a social media strategy for enhancing sharing and awareness
- Build on our community connections generated through exhibitions and programs
- Develop a strategy for engaging with self-published and early career Victorian authors, artists and musicians to include their ebooks and other works in our collections
- Enable crowd-sourced digital content and curatorial input through new website functionality
- Build on our existing relationships with Creative Fellows, Collection Advisory Committees and donors for input and assistance
- Develop an integrated approach to working with our volunteers to help build and maintain our collections and content.