The State Library's fellowships program is one of the most substantial in Australia. Each year, the Library offers Creative Fellowships to encourage the original and imaginative use or development of the Library's collections for new work.
The Library also provides a number of specialist fellowships to support and recognise the importance of scholarly endeavour in areas ranging from children's literature and social history to the visual arts, theatre, 19th-century Victoria, Indigenous cultural research and digital technology.
Three new fellowships will be offered in 2019: the Photography Fellowship, the Regional Fellowship and the Tate Adams Memorial Residency.
The fellowships are funded by the State Library Victoria Foundation and other program partners, and are awarded annually on the advice of independent expert panels.
Our 2019 fellowships program is now open
Applications for the 2019 fellowships program will close at midnight on Sunday 28 April 2019. Please see the individual fellowship pages for further information, guidelines and application forms.
The following Library fellowships will be offered in 2019:
- Amor Residency at Baldessin Press & Studio
- Children's Literature Fellowship
- Creative Fellowships
- Digital Fellowship
- Emerging Writer's Fellowship
- Georges Mora Fellowship
- Indigenous Victorian Aboriginal Cultural Research Fellowship
- La Trobe Society Fellowship
- Photography Fellowship
- Redmond Barry Fellowship
- Regional Fellowship
- Russell Beedles Performing Arts Fellowship
- Tate Adams Memorial Residency
The following fellowships will not be offered in 2019:
- Berry Family Fellowship
- Centenary of WWI Fellowship (closed 2017)
- John Emmerson Research Fellowship
- Ukrainian Studies Foundation in Australia Fellowship