It's free to join the Library and you can take advantage of a range of benefits. There are three ways you can join:
- by joining online – receive your Library card in person or by post
- in person – at any of the service desks in the Library
- by calling us – on 03 8664 7004 from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
Benefits of joining the Library
Everyone who visits the Library, either on site or online, can search our catalogue to find items including books, pictures, journals, CDs, maps and manuscripts, and use our copy centre to print or make photocopies or digital scans.
If you join the Library, you can also:
- request items from storage, either for use on the same day or for another day
- search for articles in ejournals, newspapers and ebooks online (if you live in Victoria)
- add tags, comments and reviews to items in our catalogue
- save a personal list of items for future reference in our catalogue
- use your Library card as a print/copy/scan card.
We're not a lending library, so your Library card doesn't allow you to take material home.
Renewing your Library card
Your Library card lasts for two years. We'll send you a reminder a few weeks before it is due to expire.
You can renew or replace a card, or update your contact details in person at the Information Centre desk in the Library, or by calling 03 8664 7004 from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.