Our 2013–14 fellows and scholars are researching a range of subjects including Australia's choral music heritage, printmaker Jessie Traill, SM Tagore's songs, artist books, puppetry, regalia and more.
The following recipients have been awarded $12,500 for three months' study:
- Kaz Cooke: Raiment and regalia (or) What have you come as? Allegiances from footy jumpers to hens’ night tiaras. Installation, blog and article.
- Joanne Oliver: Etched with love and courage: the life and work of Jessie Traill, Australian printmaker, 1881–1967. Biographical book manuscript.
- Rachel Buchanan: The Melbourne Sirius. Artist newspaper.
- Mike Brady and Brenton Broadstock: The road. Musical theatre work.
- Adrian McNeil: Making history audible in the dome: coloniality and the intercultural songs of Sourindro Mohan Tagore. Musical performance.
- Nicole Lindsay: John Byng: a Yankee blackfellow in old Melbourne town. Biographical book manuscript.
- Max Allen: Not forgetting yous at all: Barak and the de Purys. Book manuscript or documentary.
- Bernard Caleo and Alex McDermott: Faust in Melbourne: the Devil collects. Print and ebook comic and narrative performance.
Learn more about our current Creative Fellows.
Dome Centenary Fellowships
The following recipients have been awarded grants of $25,000 for a period of six months:
- Penelope Bartlau: Liberty of the press. Puppetry and children’s workshops.
- David Allen: The Qubdi Project: Somali families under the dome. A community engagement and oral history project.
- Carolyn Watson: The Dome Centenary Choir: a celebration of Australia’s choral music heritage. Community engagement and public performance.
- Alicia Sometimes, Emilie Baker and Sean Whelan: ‘Capital: the beginning of the word’ – a poetic history of the State Library of Victoria. Performance work, recorded music and installation.
Learn more about our current Dome Centenary fellows.
Georges Mora Foundation Fellowship
The Georges Mora Foundation Fellowship carries a grant of $10,000, the option of a shared space in the annulus, and the opportunity for a residency in La Rochelle in France. The recipients are:
- Brook Andrew and Trent Walter: Dual/duel. Artists’ books.
Learn more about our current Georges Mora Foundation fellow.
La Trobe Society Fellowship
The recipient of this $12,500 grant is:
- Madonna Grehan: An émigré gentlewoman midwife in Port Phillip and Victoria 1848–80. Biographical history.
Honorary La Trobe Society Fellowship
The recipient of this fellowship is:
- Caroline Clemente: Thomas Woolner: a Pre-Raphaelite artist in Melbourne. A series of scholarly articles.
Learn more about our current La Trobe Society fellows.
Redmond Barry fellow
The recipient of the Redmond Barry Fellowship, which carries a grant of up to $20,000 and the use of a space in the annulus, is:
- Marguerita Stephens: Assistant Protector William Thomas and the Kulin people, 1839–1867: ‘the end of things’? Book manuscript.
Learn more about our current Redmond Barry fellow.