1000 Books Before School – State Library registration
State Library Victoria is working with public libraries across the state to deliver the 1000 Books Before School program.
If you are unable to register through your public library, you can register for the program with State Library Victoria by completing our online registration form.
Please register with the State Library if you do not have easy access to your local library. In order to register with the State Library, you need to enter a Victorian postal address. if this doesn't apply to you, please register with a participating public library.
How to register with State Library Victoria
- Complete our online registration form.
- Once you have submitted your registration form, the State Library's Family Programs team will confirm your details and send you a welcome email.
- Welcome packs will be sent out in the mail that include your first reading record sheets and stickers. You can also download the reading record sheets below.
- Once you have reached a milestone in your Reading Record (at 100, 250, 500, 750 or 1000 books), let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We will send out milestone prizes to you in the post.
- For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
How to use the reading record sheets
Use our record sheets to keep track of your child's reading progress. Every time you complete a book with your child:
- if you print the sheets, use a pen or sticker to update your reading record
- if you save the PDFs to your computer, simply click on the book number and a star will appear!
If you have any questions about the program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 8664 7555.