$170 per group
Enter the medieval world of parchment paper, coloured powders and gold leaf in this hands-on workshop and tour.
In this creative workshop, students will:
- explore the history of medieval publishing
- consider the effects on society of the development of the printing press
- view rare, medieval manuscripts in the World of the book exhibition on Level 4 of the Dome Galleries, overlooking the iconic La Trobe Reading Room
- gain an understanding of medieval life and early publishing
- respond to their experience by learning the art of calligraphy and making their own illuminated manuscript.