Cradling, watercolour painting, ST Gill, 1869.
Digging Deeper is a series of free webinars to show you how to make the most of the rich collections of Museum Victoria and the State Library of Victoria.
Museum Victoria and the State Library of Victoria hold over 22 million items, many unique, relating to the history of Victoria.
In these webinars staff members from Museum Victoria and the State Library of Victoria will guide you through the process of:
- learning how to access a wide range of online collections and resources
- exploring some of the best digital tools for making the most of these items
- discovering practical examples and tips to help your students explore and build on these collections.
These webinars have been designed to match VIT and AITSL teacher standards. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance for each session.
Sessions will be supported by articles on Bright Ideas and on the Museum Victoria website.
Individual webinars & dates
- History in the making: using multimedia to capture personal history
Wednesday 11 September, 4–5pm
- No need for clean hands: accessing and working with digitised items
Wednesday 16 October 16, 4–5pm
- Read all about it: accessing current & historic newspaper collections
Wednesday 6 November, 4–5pm
- Thinking ahead with science: imagining the future
Tuesday 3 December, 4–5pm