Help bring Burke and Wills's epic journey to life for your students by using our education kit.
The kit, which can be downloaded below, is designed for years 5 and 6 students. It includes:
- notes on key figures in the story of Burke and Wills
- an annotated timeline of the major events and turning points during the expedition
- a simple map of the route followed by the expedition, highlighting some of the significant camps
- an overview of five key educational themes for discussion and investigation
- ten activity-based learning programs that meet VELS standards
- material for students and teachers to use while following the learning programs, including student worksheets, teacher resources and a list of useful books and websites
You can also access information about Burke and Wills at Dig: the Burke & Wills research gateway.
Lesson plans and resources for years 7 to 10 teachers can be downloaded from the Fuse website.