Search Australian business, finance and industrial relations databases and British parliamentary papers from home.
To access eresources from home, you need to be a Victorian resident with a current State Library card. To obtain a card, join the Library.
CCH Law & Business Products
Australian business, finance and law databases: Business Advisers Guide, De Facto Relationship Law, Family Law and Practice, Master Family Law Guide, Matrimonial Property Law, Health and Medical Law Reporter, Social Security Guide, Torts & Personal Injury Law and Victorian Conveyancing Law & Practice.
Westlaw.AU (Thomson) (global search)
Search this comprehensive Thomson Reuters suite of resources for Australian legislation, case law, commentary, news and precedents. Titles in this series are:
- The Laws of Australia (encyclopedia), a complete library of legal research covering all major areas of the law in every Australian jurisdiction providing an overview of relevant legal principles, and detailed commentary linked to cases and legislation.
- FirstPoint (Australian case law digest), Australian online legal research tool to find summaries of reported and unreported judgements from courts and tribunals around Australia. Find cases on a specific topic or point of law. Case research from the Australian Digest and the Australian Case Citator.
- Lawyers Practice Manual Victoria, a practical procedural guide dealing with the everyday questions of legal practice and procedure. Chapters on consumer law, neighbour disputes, family law, civil law, and wills, with worked examples.
- Unreported Judgements (case reports), full text case law of unreported judgments from around Australia, including the High Court, Federal Court, State Supreme Courts and others.
- Australian Bankruptcy Law & Practice, a guide to bankruptcy legislation with commentary, forms and a digest of judgments.
- Australian Financial Planning Handbook, useful for estate planning, superannuation and retirement planning, investment and taxation planning.
- Australian Sentencing, sentencing law across Australia detailing the rules, principles, policies and practices on punishments for criminal behaviour in Australia. Organised by offence and includes core crime and sentencing legislation.
- Australian Superannuation Handbook, an up to date reference on superannuation law for financial planning .
- Criminal Law & Procedure Victoria, a comprehensive guide to the principles and practice of criminal law in Victoria. Including crimes and summary offences, rules on investigation powers including of arrest, questioning, evidence, and trial procedures.
- Death & Taxes, a reference on estate planning, wills and management of deceased estates and testamentary trusts.
- Local Government & Environmental Reports Australia, full text cases on local government, planning and environmental control, valuation of land and compensation.
- Local Government Service Victoria, a reference on local government legislation and commentary on council procedures, elections and local laws.
- The Australian Tax Handbook, an up to date reference on income tax law, related taxes and tax reform.
- Trade Practices Law, Competition & Consumer Law, a guide to restrictive trade practices, deceptive conduct and consumer protection, including fair trading and competition and consumer laws.
- Victorian Administrative Law, a practice guide to administrative law, including VCAT, freedom of information, judicial review, Ombudsman, information privacy and Charter of Human Rights.
- Victorian Courts, a practice guide for the Supreme Court, County Court and Magistrates' Court of Victoria, including legislation and commentary on court proceedings.
Discovery (National Archives UK)
This archive holds over 11 million British historical government and public records from the last 1,000 years. Currently over 5% of records can be downloaded in PDF format. Note: some files may need additional software to open.
House of Commons Parliamentary Papers 1801–2003/04
Fully searchable, full-text British parliamentary papers from 1801 to 2003–04 sessions.
Some of the Library's journal article and ebooks databases, and all of the Library's CD-ROMs, are only available from computers within the Library building. You can explore the subject menu which lists these. Many useful free websites are also included.
Terms & conditions
Read the conditions of access before using eresources from home.