John Emmerson Research Fellowship: Guidelines & application form
Writers and scholars wanting to utilise the Library's Emmerson collection to research a project in a relevant discipline can apply for the John Emmerson Research Fellowship, which is sponsored by a generous bequest from the late John Emmerson.
Successful applicants receive $15,000, which may be spent on research costs, travel and living expenses as required. Australian and overseas scholars and writers can apply.
Criteria for the John Emmerson Research Fellowship
- Use of the Emmerson collection.
- Excellence of the proposal, judged by originality, significance and engagement with the Emmerson collection.
- Track record of the applicant, judged by successfully completed projects, publications, references and impact.
- Demonstrable outcomes from the project.
- Potential impact of the project on research and engagement with the Emmerson collection.
If you have specific questions about the John Emmerson Research Fellowship requirements or selection process, contact Gail Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 8664 7335.